The Beatles Never Existed

A Journey of Multiples

a piece of art from Ancient Egypt and the Help! movie

For general Beatles discussion. Discuss their history, talents, replacements, multiples, conspiracy theories, origins, former bandmates, handlers and managers, etc.

a piece of art from Ancient Egypt and the Help! movie

Postby cmsahe » Sun May 10, 2015 4:22 am

Hi all,

I wanted to post this to the thread dedicated to pre-PID references but I couldn't find it. This is a piece of pottery from ancient Egypt that reminds me of that scene in Help! when a shrunk Paul ends up inside an ashtray

Foto1489.jpg

"Figure of a man in fetal position inside a frog. Naqada I; Fourth Millenium BC; fired clay; H.8.8cm W. 25.3cm D.11.3cm Leiden (NL), Rijskmuseum van Oudheden, F1962/12.1

The interpretation of this piece is still unresolved. The man lies in fetal position in a bowl, which has been identified as a frog due to the images on the handle-like long sides. In analyzing the bowl, scholars considered it to be a ship in the form a a frog, to be understood as a means of transformation of the deceased. The deceased is apparently lying inside the frog in anticipation of resurrection, since the frog goddess was later considered to assist with childbirth".

Foto1489m.jpg

From the book : Egypt The World of the Pharaohs. Regine Schulz, Matthias Seidel. H.F. Ullmann ISBN 978-3-8331-6000-1
page 418
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Carlos Santillan (cmsahe)
cmsahe
BNE Member
BNE Member

Re: a piece of art from Ancient Egypt and the Help! movie

Postby Silversong » Sun May 10, 2015 7:35 pm

This is a good find, Carlos. The Beatles had a very deep connection to these esoteric subjects; there seems to be no end to it all. I wonder if they used the cigarette/ ash tray symbology with Paul in order to further propagandize the younger ones with how "cool" it is to smoke.
The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in service to others. Mahatma Gandhi
Silversong
Banned On The Run
Banned On The Run

Return to The "Four" & So Many More