The Beatles Never Existed

A Journey of Multiples

1980 Playboy interview

1980 Playboy interview

Postby bandi » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:06 am

The below quotes are from the famous Playboy interview that a 'John' entity gave, I believe, on Dec. 8th, 1980. If it wasn't that exact day then I'm mistaken..
Each of the separate quotes struck me with something said by the Lennon clone that just gives it all away. It doesn't take a super human effort to see what I'm talking about either. It's right out there for anyone to see, the only requirement is you must be awake. YO also slips up in one of the statements when she forgets the name of the one that the clone is playing/portraying.
The LSD comments are what got this Lennon model quieted permanently, because I sincerely believe that this one was going to come out with the truth, all of it, and, I also believe that YO made the call to let her handler know that the album was fully completed and mixed, ready to go to press and then to the store shelves--which I think is why they let him live as long as they did--and, he (this JL model) was fixin' to tell it all which would have been very bad for many people including YO herself. Not that she was the reason he had to go, but I think she was just another item on the list of those who'd be exposed if the guy really did spill all of it to someone who'd actually print it.

Here are the many separate Q & A's that gave me little jolts of electricity as I read what he was actually saying for us to hear--or for those of us who have ears to hear--

PLAYBOY: "Do you go out and buy records?"
ONO: "Or read the newspaper or magazines or watch TV? No."
PLAYBOY: "The inevitable question, John. Do you listen to your records?"
LENNON: "Least of all my own."
PLAYBOY: "Even your classics?"
LENNON: "Are you kidding? For pleasure, I would never listen to them. When I hear them, I just think of the session. It's like an actor watching himself in an old movie. When I hear a song, I remember the Abbey Road studio, the session, who fought with whom, where I was sitting, banging the tambourine in the corner..." ????Banging the tambourine in the corner!!?? I thought he sang & played guitar ON ALL THEIR RECORDS...

LENNON: "When Yoko and I started doing stuff together, we would hold press conferences and announce our whatevers... we're going to wear bags or whatever. And before this one press conference, one Beatle assistant in the upper echelon of Beatle assistants leaned over to Yoko and said, You know, you don't have to work. You've got enough money, now that you're Mrs. Lennon.' And when she complained to me about it, I couldn't understand what she was talking about. 'But this guy,' I'd say, 'He's just good old Charley, or whatever. He's been with us 20 years...' The same kind of thing happened in the studio. She would say to an engineer, 'I'd like a little more treble, a little more bass,' or 'There's too much of whatever you're putting on,' and they'd look at me and say, 'What did you say, John?' Those days I didn't even notice it myself. Now I know what she's talking about. In Japan, when I ask for a cup of tea in Japanese, they look at Yoko and ask, 'He wants a cup of tea?' in Japanese."
ONO: "So a good few years of that kind of thing emasculates you. I had always been more macho than most guys I was with, in a sense. I had always been the breadwinner, because I always wanted to have the freedom and the control. Suddenly, I'm with somebody I can't possibly compete with on a level of earnings. Finally, I couldn't take it... or I decided not to take it any longer. I would have had the same difficulty even if I hadn't gotten involved with, ah...."
LENNON: "John-- John is the name."
ONO: "With John. But John wasn't just John. He was also his group and the people around them. When I say John, it's not just John..."
LENNON: "That's John. J-O-H-N. From Johan, I believe." !!??? She can't remember the name of who the clone is portraying !!??

PLAYBOY: "You're being very honest about your feelings toward him to the point of saying that Sean is your first child. Are you concerned about hurting him?"
LENNON: "I'm not going to lie to Julian. Ninety percent of the people on this planet, especially in the West, were born out of a bottle of whiskey on a Saturday night, and there was no intent to have children. So 90 percent of us... that includes everybody... were accidents. I don't know anybody who was a planned child. All of us were Saturday-night specials. Julian is in the majority, along with me and everybody else. Sean is a planned child, and therein lies the difference. I don't love Julian any less as a child. He's still my son, whether he came from a bottle of whiskey or because they didn't have pills in those days. He's here, he belongs to me and he always will." ??!!What a lovely, lovely father and human being ! WOW!!

PLAYBOY: "Yoko, after this experience, how do you feel about leaving Sean's rearing to John?"
ONO: "I am very clear about my emotions in that area. I don't feel guilty. I am doing it in my own way. It may not be the same as other mothers, but I'm doing it the way I can do it. In general, mothers have a very strong resentment toward their children, even though there's this whole adulation about motherhood and how mothers really think about their children and how they really love them. I mean, they do, but it is not humanly possible to retain emotion that mothers are supposed to have within this society. Women are just too stretched out in different directions to retain that emotion. Too much is required of them. So I say to John..."
LENNON: "I am her favorite husband..."
ONO: "'I am carrying the baby nine months and that is enough, so you take care of it afterward.' It did sound like a crude remark, but I really believe that children belong to the society. If a mother carries the child and a father raises it, the responsibility is shared." Yes, Yoko, the baby is AN IT!!

LENNON: "That was a period when Paul just kept turning up at our door with a guitar. I would let him in, but finally I said to him, 'Please call before you come over. It's not 1956 and turning up at the door isn't the same anymore. You know, just give me a ring.' He was upset by that, but I didn't mean it badly. I just meant that I was taking care of a baby all day and some guy turns up at the door... But, anyway, back on that night, he and Linda walked in and he and I were just sitting there, watching the show, and we went, 'Ha-ha, wouldn't it be funny if we went down?' but we didn't." !!...some guy turns up at the door !!

LENNON: "Why should the Beatles give more? Didn't they give everything on God's earth for ten years? Didn't they give themselves? You're like the typical sort of love-hate fan who says, 'Thank you for everything you did for us in the Sixties... would you just give me another shot? Just one more miracle?'" !!Yes, they---they--not we, they...!!!

PLAYBOY: "How did you react to the misinterpretations of your songs?"
LENNON: "For instance?"
PLAYBOY: "The most obvious is the 'Paul is dead' fiasco. You already explained the line in 'Glass Onion.' What about the line in 'I am the Walrus'... (correction: Strawberry Fields Forever) ...'I buried Paul'?"
LENNON: "I said 'Cranberry sauce.' That's all I said. Some people like ping-pong, other people like digging over graves. Some people will do anything rather than be here now." !!Yes, others of us like digging over graves !!

LENNON: "When 'Help' came out in '65, I was actually crying out for help. Most people think it's just a fast rock 'n roll song. I didn't realize it at the time; I just wrote the song because I was commissioned to write it for the movie. But later, I knew I really was crying out for help. It was my fat Elvis period. You see the movie: He -- I -- is very fat, very insecure, and he's completely lost himself. And I am singing about when I was so much younger and all the rest, looking back at how easy it was. Now I may be very positive... yes, yes... but I also go through deep depressions where I would like to jump out the window, you know. It becomes easier to deal with as I get older; I don't know whether you learn control or, when you grow up, you calm down a little. Anyway, I was fat and depressed and I was crying out for help. In those days, when the Beatles were depressed, we had this little chant. I would yell out, 'Where are we going, fellows?' They would say, 'To the top, Johnny,' in pseudo-American voices. And I would say, 'Where is that, fellows?' And they would say, 'To the toppermost of the poppermost.' It was some dumb expression from a cheap movie, a la 'Blackboard Jungle,' about Liverpool. Johnny was the leader of the gang."
!!This man is disgusting.!

PLAYBOY: "Was 'I'm a Loser' a similarly personal statement?"
LENNON: "Part of me suspects that I'm a loser and the other part of me thinks I'm God Almighty." WOW !!

PLAYBOY: "Do you use any drugs now?"
LENNON: "Not really. If somebody gives me a joint, I might smoke it, but I don't go after it."
PLAYBOY: "Cocaine?"
LENNON: "I've had cocaine, but I don't like it. The Beatles had lots of it in their day, but it's a dumb drug, because you have to have another one 20 minutes later. Your whole concentration goes on getting the next fix. Really, I find caffeine is easier to deal with."
PLAYBOY: "Acid?"
LENNON: "Not in years. A little mushroom or peyote is not beyond my scope, you know, maybe twice a year or something. You don't hear about it anymore, but people are still visiting the cosmos. We must always remember to thank the CIA and the Army for LSD. That's what people forget. Everything is the opposite of what it is, isn't it, Harry? So get out the bottle, boy... and relax. They invented LSD to control people and what they did was give us freedom. Sometimes it works in mysterious ways its wonders to perform. If you look in the Government reports on acid, the ones who jumped out the window or killed themselves because of it, I think even with Art Linkletter's daughter, it happened to her years later. So, let's face it, she wasn't really on acid when she jumped out the window. And I've never met anybody who's had a flashback on acid. I've never had a flashback in my life and I took millions of trips in the Sixties."
PLAYBOY: "What does your diet include besides sashimi and sushi, Hershey bars and cappuccinos?" This got him silenced.

PLAYBOY: "You actually haven't mentioned George much in this interview."
LENNON: "Well, I was hurt by George's book, 'I, Me, Mine' ...so this message will go to him. He put a book out privately on his life that, by glaring omission, says that my influence on his life is absolutely zilch and nil. In his book, which is purportedly this clarity of vision of his influence on each song he wrote, he remembers every two-bit sax player or guitarist he met in subsequent years. I'm not in the book."
PLAYBOY: "Why?"
LENNON: "Because George's relationship with me was one of young follower and older guy. He's three or four years younger than me. It's a love/hate relationship and I think George still bears resentment toward me for being a daddy who left home. He would not agree with this, but that's my feeling about it. I was just hurt. I was just left out, as if I didn't exist. I don't want to be that egomaniacal, but he was like a disciple of mine when we started. I was already an art student when Paul and George were still in grammar school." (equivalent to high school in the U.S.) "There is a vast difference between being in high school and being in college and I was already in college and already had sexual relationships, already drank and did a lot of things like that. When George was a kid, he used to follow me and my first girlfriend, Cynthia.. who became my wife... around. We'd come out of art school and he'd be hovering around like those kids at the gate of the Dakota now. I remember the day he called to ask for help on 'Taxman,' one of his bigger songs. I threw in a few one-liners to help the song along, because that's what he asked for. He came to me because he couldn't go to Paul, because Paul wouldn't have helped him at that period. I didn't want to do it. I thought, Oh, no, don't tell me I have to work on George's stuff. It's enough doing my own and Paul's. But because I loved him and I didn't want to hurt him when he called me that afternoon and said, 'Will you help me with this song?' I just sort of bit my tongue and said OK. It had been John and Paul so long, he'd been left out because he hadn't been a songwriter up until then. As a singer, we allowed him only one track on each album. If you listen to the Beatles' first albums, the English versions, he gets a single track. The songs he and Ringo sang at first were the songs that used to be part of my repertoire in the dance halls. I used to pick songs for them from my repertoire... the easier ones to sing. So I am slightly resentful of George's book. But don't get me wrong. I still love those guys. The Beatles are over, but John, Paul, George and Ringo go on." What an ego !!

PLAYBOY: "Do you find that the clamor for a Beatles reunion has died down?"
LENNON: "Well, I heard some Beatles stuff on the radio the other day and I heard 'Green Onion' ...no, 'Glass Onion,' I don't even know my own songs! I listened to it because it was a rare track..." Yes, it was Green Onion...WOW !!

This just stunned me. It isn't the first time I read it but this particular time I needed to put it up on the forum.

Thanks for reading this.
bandi
BNE Member
BNE Member

Re: 1980 Playboy interview

Postby Silversong » Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:48 am

Yes, clues all over the place! Nobody was getting it back then, like when George said on the Dick Cavett Show in 1971 "There were hundreds of us"... He also said the Beatles who came to America were a "dummy group".

Silversong
Banned On The Run
Banned On The Run

Postby Tink » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:54 pm

Long, long before I knew about celebrity replacements, multiples and so on I noticed, and found it very peculiar, that whenever Yoko Ono spoke about her memories of John it sounded as if she had never met the man. The picture she always conveyed of him was as some mild mannered, sort of tepid guru of peace. This was in such stark opposition to the John the world knew through the music and his many interviews, and the reason why he was fun to follow was because of his acerbic wit, his irreverent attitude and his willingness to criticize anyone and anything in the most caustic of terms. Because he was "John Lennon", and because he was funny, he got away with it. The John that Yoko spoke of was nothing like this. They were supposed to be the ultimate soul mates and ultimate artistic collaborators, and yet the most casual fans had a better grasp of his personality than his supposed inseparable other half did. That was weird enough, but there were also many occasions where she would get the most basic of facts wrong. One I recall vividly was in some interview her mentioning the first time she ever sat in on a Beatles recording session. "It was Sgt. Pepper's, I think," she said. No, it was the White Album! Everyone knows that! Either they really weren't bothering to program the Yoko clones with basic life histories, or else they did this on purpose to send out clues, like your posts above indicate.

I remember too a few years ago when there was a Vegas Circe de Soleil show set to Beatles music. Yoko was at the premiere, and said to the interviewers, "John would have loved it!"

Excuse me, but John would have hated it! I mean the "John" character as it had been crafted before it was decommissioned. Again -- did she ever know the man? Clearly not.
Tink
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Postby Silversong » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:16 pm

All true stuff. Sometime YO couldn't even remember John's name, but sometimes even he couldn't remember it! The different Beatles of each persona didn't even remember the same things about their own lives.
Silversong
Banned On The Run
Banned On The Run

Return to John "Multiples"