The Beatles Never Existed

A Journey of Multiples

Paul's Unnaturally-Wide Vocal Range

Re: Paul's Unnaturally-Wide Vocal Range

Postby Silversong » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:56 am

"My Love" is also in quite a lower key, but when it reaches up to the high notes where he sings at the end "to me", he can't make it, and it doesn't sound good. For some reason, the words "good" and "to" sound better than the word "me", and I wonder if someone else is singing those words for him because it's the highest note in the song. After all, Paul in the 60s sang high notes for John at times, when they were performing live.

But I think there were two versions of this song -- the studio video, and the live performance. I'm not sure at this point if there were different Pauls involved in these two versions, as they both sing better low than high.

But he still sounds better on the low notes even live. The other performance seems to have disappeared from YouTube.

The low-browed Paul.
The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in service to others. Mahatma Gandhi
Silversong
Banned On The Run
Banned On The Run

Postby Randyguitar » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:04 am

Yes, and rather than use the Paul and Bill reference, it would be better to stick to the issue of multiple Pauls, so as not to confuse the issue with those who belief in PID. So we have one Paul singing the studio version and possibly another Paul singing the live version. But for the issue of which Paul seems to be reaching the high notes better on 'My Love,' I will have to listen to the studio version again. But it would really take a lot of work to determine which Paul is better at reaching the lower notes, and which Paul is better at reaching the higher notes. But for now, there is enough evidence to show that there are multiple Pauls, at least 3 of them in the 1970s, singing on studio recordings and performing in concerts.
Last edited by Randyguitar on Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Randyguitar

Postby Silversong » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:30 am

Here's what I can only call a very short Paul who cannot sing high notes. If there was a "Bill" or "Faul", wasn't he supposed to be taller than any Paul from Beatlemania? And that's a whole other thread we'll get into as well. This rabbit hole must come out in another galaxy, because it goes deeper than China!

Strange, strange ear. What is that, a device implanted?

When I reblog the Fake Ear thread, I'll show a very similar one in the ear of a 1963 Paul.
The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in service to others. Mahatma Gandhi
Silversong
Banned On The Run
Banned On The Run

Postby carmen janne » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:01 am

Silversong wrote:"My Love" is also in quite a lower key, but when it reaches up to the high notes where he sings at the end "to me", he can't make it, and it doesn't sound good. For some reason, the words "good" and "to" sound better than the word "me", and I wonder if someone else is singing those words for him because it's the highest note in the song. After all, Paul in the 60s sang high notes for John at times, when they were performing live.

But I think there were two versions of this song -- the studio video, and the live performance. I'm not sure at this point if there were different Pauls involved in these two versions, as they both sing better low than high.

But he still sounds better on the low notes even live. The other performance seems to have disappeared from YouTube.

The low-browed Paul.

This performance of "My Love" is much better ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SB3x6KtNi4

than the horrible presentation here in Brazil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XT5WCcr8qgw

Always the excuse by age. We'll see how it stands now, since it will make another tour in Brazil in November.
carmen janne
BNE Member
BNE Member

Postby Silversong » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:23 am

Great, I look forward to hearing about the November appearance.

The first video said it wasn't available in my country (USA).

Second video:

Yes, he sounds and looks as bad as he did 44 years prior, in this particular tour.

Ringo sounds terrible, too. They must not have had their voice enhancement technology with them on that tour.
Silversong
Banned On The Run
Banned On The Run

Postby Randyguitar » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:48 am

Silversong,

I realized that Terry Draper had to have been involved in some of 'WINGS' 1970s recordings. And there's another 1970s band that we should look into and that is, 'Electric Light Orchestra.' They claimed to be heavily influenced by the Beatles, particularly, John Lennon. In fact, Lennon is on record as saying that if anyone ever wanted to listen to the Beatles, listen to 'ELO.'
Randyguitar

Previous

Return to Paul "Multiples"