The Beatles Never Existed

A Journey of Multiples

Another intentional 'Paul' slipup

Another intentional 'Paul' slipup

Postby bandi » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:05 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnL38dGyg7M

This is a youtube video called The Beatles - Ringo Joins The Beatles / Some Other Guy Live At The Cavern Club
At 21 seconds into the video, 'Paul' is talking about why Pete Best was let go and replaced by Ringo. He's talking about Ringo and this is what he says: ""Ringo Starr, who had changed his name before all of us...and who had a beard"......
Now why would he say this ? Why would he say these words to us ? Is he 'forgetful' or is this an intentional statement ? What id God's name would he say this for ? It's another thing that confuses me, I wish I could understand what and why he said this.
bandi
BNE Member
BNE Member

Re: Another intentional 'Paul' slipup

Postby Silversong » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:10 am

No two stories are ever the same, are they? Are we to take this "name changing" remark to mean they all had different names before they were Beatles?

Here's what a commenter posted:
How come Spitz's book, along with a few others, talk about John and Paul going to the Butlins camp to ask Ringo to join the band, and here Ringo's saying Brian called him up and asked?

Um, well, could it be because different Ringos, Johns and Pauls were interviewed about this at various different times? I've recently read that when the memory is transferred during cloning, it can lose some of its information. So I guess it has to be made up where needed? And maybe that's why the slip-up about the name-changing, too?

Thanks sooo much for this post, bandi. I also got some very great screen shots to use on other threads. That was the clearest video of that clip from the Cavern Club I've ever come across. Looks like it could be Paul with the highly-swooped right brow.

And detached earlobes?
Make America Moral Again (But first, make it America again.)
Silversong
Banned On The Run
Banned On The Run

Postby Silversong » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:05 am

Something to keep in mind is if we see them as programmed and handled 'clones' of whatever type or fashion, it follows that their interviews are scripted. There will be 'glitches' in their 'memories' of these scripts.

All that matters to me is whether clones have real lives, and if they don't, what does it matter what we're told or led to believe about them? That is the wrong rabbit hole, as I see it. I stop at the point of multiples, and that's what matters most, imho.
Silversong
Banned On The Run
Banned On The Run

Postby Silversong » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:21 am

Here's another possible answer.

Paul McCartney’s Pseudonym Inspired The Ramones Band Name

I'm seeing two different spellings all over the internet: The Silver Beatles, and the Silver Beetles.
=====

From May 20 to May 28, 1960, The Silver Beetles (as they were called at the time) toured Scotland, backing a young musician named Johnny Gentle. As part of this tour, the whole band decided to give themselves pseudonyms. Paul McCartney recalls:

“Now we were truly professional, we could do something we had been toying with for a long time, which was to change our names to real showbiz names. I became Paul Ramon, which I thought was suitably exotic. I remember the Scottish girls saying, ‘Is that his real name? That’s great.’ It’s French, Ramon. Ra-mon, that’s how you pronounce it. Stuart became Stuart de Stael after the painter. George became Carl Harrison after Carl Perkins (our big idol, who had written Blue Suede Shoes). John was Long John. People have since said, ‘Ah, John didn’t change his name, that was very suave.’ Let me tell you: he was Long John. There was none of that ‘he didn’t change his name’: we all changed our names.”

This is one of the only Beatle autographs in which they signed their short-lived stage names Paul Ramon, Carl Harrison and Johnny Lennon.

I just opened a new thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=227

about all the different autographs of the Beatles throughout the years. Their handwriting did change many times.

Here are two other examples for Paul:
What you might find on a “general” search for just two signatures:

Autograph at the Cavern Club 1962

Silversong
Banned On The Run
Banned On The Run

Return to Paul "Multiples"