The Beatles Never Existed

A Journey of Multiples

1974 Paul Quotes

1974 Paul Quotes

Postby bandi » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:26 am

I'm going to try and copy and paste something here, then post it. It's very interesting. From a Rolling Stone magazine interview 1974.
Excellent--it worked ! I'm glad I could do this simple copy/paste. Next I'll try photos.
The interviewer asks and 'Paul' answers in quotations.

Please see the below, incredible, the comments this idiot made and still makes (my two cents in red, if I did that right):

You did have the release date close to 'Let It Be.'
"There was some hassle at the time. We were arguing over who had mentioned a release date first. It was all a bit petty. I'd pegged a release date and then Let It Be was scheduled near it. I saw it as victimization, but now I'm sure it wasn't." I think 'Let It Be' was first, but as usual, he was first. Incredible!

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/featu ... z3ealHvP6S
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

Is it difficult for the kids, being your daughters?
I don't think so, I don't think they're going to be crazed-out kids. But it is funny sometimes. I remember I was sitting in a field and Heather was leading Mary and a little baby on a pony, and Mary just said to me, "You're Paul McCartney, aren't you?" When she's talking to me normally, she'll just call me Daddy. When there's company around, she knows I'm Paul McCartney, in inverted commas. This sounds weird to me. Why is she asking him this ?

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/featu ... z3ealjEEz1

"So when McCartney came along I had all these rough things and I liked them all and thought, well, they're rough, but they've got that certain kind of thing about them, so we'll leave it and just put it out. It's not an album which was really sweated over, and yet now I find it's a lot of people's favorite. They think it's great to hear the kids screaming and the door opening..." He's telling us his album McCartney (first solo album) came along...did someone give it to him ?How would it just come along ???

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/featu ... z3eamgoGUs

The first of your albums with some of those little bitsy things was 'Let It Be.' Had you wanted to do that before?
"Yes, I think so. In the back of everyone's mind there was always that kind of thing. The sound of a tape being spooled back is an interesting sound. If you're working in a recording studio, you hear it all the time and get used to it. You don't think anything of it. But when the man switches on the tape machine in the middle of a track and you hear that kind of djeeoww, and then the track starts, I'd always liked all that, all those rough edges and loose ends. It gives it a kind of live excitement." According to Geoff Emerrick, the Beatles engineer from the start thru almost the end of their recording career, they started using little bitsy clips of weird sounds on tape on Sgt. Pepper, dubbing them into a song or two (?).

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/featu ... z3eamrmVsm

"This other idea of Paul Is Dead. That was on for a while. I had just turned up at a photo session and it was at the time when Linda and I were just beginning to knock around with each other steadily. It was a hot day in London, a really nice hot day, and I think I wore sandals. I only had to walk around the corner to the crossing because I lived pretty nearby. I had me sandals on and for the photo session I thought I'll take my sandals off.
Linda: No, you were barefoot.
Paul: Oh, I was barefoot. Yeah, that's it. You know, so what? Barefoot, nice warm day, I didn't feel like wearing shoes. So I went around to the photo session and showed me bare feet. Of course when that comes out and people start looking at it they say, "Why has he got no shoes on? He's never done that before." OK, you've never seen me do it before, but, in actual fact, it's just me with my shoes off. Turns out to be some old Mafia sign of death or something.
Then the this-little-bit-if-you-play-it-backwards stuff. As I say, nine times out of ten it's really nothing. Take the end of Sgt. Pepper, that backward thing, "We'll f**k you like Supermen." Some fans came around to my door giggling. I said, "Hello, what do you want?" They said, "Is it true, that bit at the end? Is it true? It says 'We'll f**k you like Supermen.'" I said, "No, you're kidding. I haven't heard it, but I'll play it." It was just some piece of conversation that was recorded and turned backwards. But I went inside after I'd seen them and played it studiously, turned it backwards with my thumb against the motor, turned the motor off and did it backwards. And there it was, sure as anything, plain as anything. "We'll f**k you like Supermen." I thought, Jesus, what can you do?
And then there was "I buried Paul."
That wasn't "I buried Paul" at all, that was John saying "cranberry sauce." It was the end of "Strawberry Fields." That's John's humor. John would say something totally out of synch, like "cranberry sauce." If you don't realize that John's apt to say "cranberry sauce" when he feels like it, then you start to hear a funny little word there, and you think "Aha!" He keeps forgetting things, forgetting what he'd said at an earlier time...

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/featu ... z3eaneluIt

A couple of people came up and said, "Can I photograph you to prove you're not dead?" Coincidentally, around about that time, I was playing down a lot of the old Beatle image and getting a bit more to what I felt was me, letting me beard grow and not being so hung up on keeping fresh and clean. I looked different, more laid back, and so I had people coming up saying "You're not him!" And I was beginning to think, "I am, you know, but I know what you mean. I don't look like him, but believe me." He can't keep himself from speaking of himself in the third person,..

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/featu ... z3eansOooy

The first of your albums with some of those little bitsy things was 'Let It Be.' Had you wanted to do that before?
"Yes, I think so. In the back of everyone's mind there was always that kind of thing. The sound of a tape being spooled back is an interesting sound. If you're working in a recording studio, you hear it all the time and get used to it. You don't think anything of it. But when the man switches on the tape machine in the middle of a track and you hear that kind of djeeoww, and then the track starts, I'd always liked all that, all those rough edges and loose ends. It gives it a kind of live excitement." More poop from the man.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/featu ... z3eansOooy

Does this in any way motivate you, inspire you?
"No, not particularly. I mean, I've just been on the road last year, so my being . . . doing that just might have inspired him; I don't know, you know. He's a great guy, Dylan; he's a musician, and stuff, and he's a great spirit. Love him, you know."
Do you think he influenced you at all?
"Oh, yes. Very heavily. I think the first time was in "You've Got to Hide Your Love Away." That was John's song. Then there was a good deal of influence in the Hard Day's Night and Help! periods. Certain chords, the acoustic bit. We liked him. We met him when we came to New York and we were together awhile. He came to one of my sessions when I was doing Ram in New York." He met him in NY while recording Ram. He innocently forgot he also met him (Dylan) in 1965 when Dylan turned everybody in the band on to their first marijuana tokes. I know I'd get confused as to where I had first met Dylan, if I ever was to meet him.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/featu ... z3eareQ2ay

You mentioned in the studio that you were influenced in a recent session by Marvin Gaye's "Trouble Man." Do you think Fela or someone else might misconstrue this?
Being influenced by something and stealing something are two different things. When you hear the track we did and hear Marvin Gaye's you probably would never know they were related. I may be influenced by something, but it's in my head and doesn't necessarily show in the song. "Here, There and Everywhere" was supposed to be a Beach Boys song, but you wouldn't have known.
What does he mean, ..."was supposed to be a Beach Boys song..." --Does he mean here that when the song was handed out from the real composer to the potential performer it was intended to be for the BB, but somehow he got it first ? Maybe his control felt the Beatles would do the song justice where the Beach Boys wouldn't do so well with it.
Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/featu ... z3easlOZAE

It's been suggested that the Beatles provided something for Americans they had lost with the death of Kennedy—youth, happiness, freedom from inhibitions. Does that make much sense to you?
"No, none at all." Right, gotcha. He had no idea that the Beatles were made popular for a very specific reason, and it wasn't to just make girls weak in the knees.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/featu ... z3eats0FKD

In songwriting technique, how did you compose with John? How did you compose yourself and then with Linda?
Well, first, I started off on my own. Very early on I met John, and we then, gradually, started to write stuff together. Which didn't mean we wrote everything together. We'd kind of write 80% together and the other 20% for me were things like "Yesterday" and for John things like "Strawberry Fields" that he'd mainly write on his own. And I did certain stuff on my own. So I've done stuff on my own. Again, right. He'd done lots on his own. And maybe some day we'll hear what he actually did before becoming the replacement.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/featu ... z3eau2XP4z

"After six years I just thought it would be good to get out, because live shows are a lot of what it's about. If nothing else, you get out there and see what people want. I remember at the end of the Beatles thinking that it would be good if I just went out with some country & western group. To have a sing every day surely must improve my voice a bit." Yeah, just listen to his horrible voice on Beatles records from '63-'66. Terrible, really needed improvement (I'm joking, he had a remarkably listenable voice).

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/featu ... z3eav0fnLe

"I'm in Hamburg, and I have a little bit of money together, and finally saved enough money to buy myself a Hoffman violin bass. It was my bass, then, that was the one. And I became known for that bass, a lot of kids got them. That was my big pride and joy, because it sounded great.
And that was it, basically. The rest you know." I saved this for last. You know, he bought a HOFFMAN BASS. That would be the type of bass that is better than the HOFNER BASS. Jeeeeeez no wonder comments were made that this model, the early-mid 1970's JPM overdosed and died on a cocaine binge in the mid-late 1970's. He didn't understand the word 'moderation'.

I really liked some of the songs on this guys first two solo albums. The Admiral Halsey song, I thought was good as were a few others. But supposedly this was the one who OD'd on blow. According to others, he was replaced right away by they say Phil. I don't know. I don't care. I just know that from the start there were so many of each guy that I wonder if there was ever a real JPM. I've been reading a couple other forums and I'm shocked at how the people there won't even entertain the thought that there were many of each, never mind that they were cloned, used up, spit out and remade too many times for us to imagine.
bandi
BNE Member
BNE Member

Re: 1974 Paul Quotes

Postby Silversong » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:20 am

I've seen a lot of videos of their songs played backwards where people say they're hearing either, "Will Paul be back as Superman?", or "We'll all be back as Superman (or men)".

We've debunked the replacements theory before. Here is the scoop on Phil Akrill:

Phil Ackrill's hair parts on his left and his earlobes are attached.

He doesn't have a lower left eye, so since every Paul and "Faul" did have that, did they move his eye and socket down, and slant it downward like the "real" Paul (whomever that may have been)? How long did it take to recover from that surgery, and why weren't there any scars?

Or maybe they used sorcery?
The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in service to others. Mahatma Gandhi
Silversong
Banned On The Run
Banned On The Run

Return to Paul "Multiples"