The Beatles Never Existed

A Journey of Multiples

Screenshots from the movie Help! 1965

Screenshots from the movie Help! 1965

Postby Another Girl » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:53 pm

After the intro, the Beatles perform the song Help!
Paul is a little taller than George, John is maybe the tallest
Eröffnungsbild-1.jpeg

Paul and George
Paul 3 and George.jpeg
Paul 5 and George von der Seite-1.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Another Girl on Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:48 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Another Girl
BNE Member
BNE Member

Re: Screenshots from the movie Help! 1965

Postby Another Girl » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:50 pm

Paul, now we have a good view to his teeth
Paul 7 Zähne 2.jpeg

Paul 8 Zähne 3.jpeg
Paul 9 Zähne 4.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Another Girl on Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Another Girl
BNE Member
BNE Member

Postby Another Girl » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:02 pm

Paul 10.jpeg
Paul 11.jpeg
Paul 12.jpeg
Another Girl
BNE Member
BNE Member

Postby Silversong » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:43 pm

Another Girl, could you start consollidating your posts so there aren't so many separations in what you're presenting? I think everything so far could fit into 2 or 3 posts. Thanks!

There's only one other time I've seen any Paul with teeth such as in the intro to "Help!", and that was the Let It Be Paul.
The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in service to others. Mahatma Gandhi
Silversong
Banned On The Run
Banned On The Run

Postby Silversong » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:29 am

Another Girl wrote:After the intro, the Beatles perform the song Help!
Paul is a little taller than George, John is maybe the tallest

I've learned that we all see these things differently, which is perfectly fine, but from my perspective, Paul looks the tallest here.

This is a post from FabFourDozen (the forum we had before this one) where we had a thread on the Help! film.

October 28, 2012:
There is an emotional authority in the track Help! not heard in Lennon’s earlier songs, partly because Help! is not a love song in the conventional sense. Instead, the neediness and nostalgia it expresses seem to play off the ideal Autonomy that the Beatles had come to represent in the minds of their fans. The drama of John’s performance depends upon the fact that it is a Beatle who is singing it, a Beatle who is asking his listeners to help him. In this sense, Help! initiated a new and adventurous stage in Lennon’s career as a songwriter, in which he would begin to draw, with conscious intent, on the power of his own celebrity. Harrison’s descending guitar notes parody the sinister clichés that often underscore suspense scenes in action movies.

In Help! we see John isolated and alienated like never before. John’s title line consists of one wailing note, trailing off into a wash of arpeggio guitar notes descending into his mental anguish. Fat Elvis period or not, this song marks where Lennon was beginning to feel dissatisfaction with the life of being a Beatle, among other things.

The immediacy of the performance brings the sense of isolation home so strongly that it’s curious to think that it was probably not heard this way when it was released. The sense of unstoppable motion conveys Lennon’s – as well as his audience’s – personal growing pains. As the masks in I’m A Loser suggest, Lennon feels trapped in his Beatle role, and here he sound taunted even by his fellow Beatles.

(In mythology, Horus's left eye was damaged by Set, in some legends it was done with darts.)

Most of the images on the thread have timed out from the uploader's photo storage server, but here are a couple that are still there:

In AHDN w/submarine and saying, "Help!" "Help me!"

Paul being shot execution-style. Of course, by Ringo. He is the only one this is done to.
The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in service to others. Mahatma Gandhi
Silversong
Banned On The Run
Banned On The Run

Postby Another Girl » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:35 am

Thank you so much for the explanations and drawing the line into the pictures. I have no clue how to make this, so it's wonderful, that you have done it. That's teamwork.
I looked on the background to find a line or something, to see which one is taller.
What's confusing for me, did John ever write a song or was he only a puppet for performing?
This other mentioned forum can only visited from registered users, so I have no access or admission. (When I'm not sure, which word is the correctly, I use more for better understanding). That is why I love this forum so much, because I could read all threads without registration. I wouldn't like registration, before I know what is it all about in a forum.
Another Girl
BNE Member
BNE Member

Postby Another Girl » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:25 pm

Silversong wrote:
"(In mythology, Horus's left eye was damaged by Set, in some legends it was done with darts.)"

That's very interesting! I looked the whole scene again, it was only Johns left eye, on the others it were the right eye.
Another Girl
BNE Member
BNE Member

Postby Another Girl » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:17 pm

They perform "You're Going To Lose That Girl"
Paul 16.jpeg
Paul 18.jpeg
Paul 19.jpeg
Another Girl
BNE Member
BNE Member

Postby Another Girl » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:35 pm

They perform the song "You've Got To Hide Your Love Away"
Paul 21.jpeg

After the song
Paul 26.jpeg

"Ticket to Ride" there wasn't an opportunity to make a good picture
Paul 28.jpeg
Another Girl
BNE Member
BNE Member

Postby Silversong » Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:02 am

What's confusing for me, did John ever write a song or was he only a puppet for performing?

Most of their music seems to be copied from the Cult of Dionysus (drugs and sex), and it's probably true John couldn't write or play a musical instrument.
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=15

Just as with Paul, he has an unnaturally wide vocal range, so did he even sing all his own songs? Who sang the studio recordings?
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=137

This thread is about whether the Beatles were musicians:
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=56
Silversong
Banned On The Run
Banned On The Run

Next

Return to Paul "Multiples"