The Beatles Never Existed

A Journey of Multiples

The Clone Master (1978)

Let me introduce to you those who entertain and greatly influence us. Here is where to discuss and share knowledge on these issues.

The Clone Master (1978)

Postby Silversong » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:59 am

This was posted by member bandi on FFD in August of 2012.
=

The movie is called The Clone Master, from 1978:

Wow. Right in the face.

The Method of Disclosure --- truth couched in the fantastical.
Make America Moral Again (But first, make it America again.)
Silversong
Banned On The Run
Banned On The Run

Re: The Clone Master (1978)

Postby Silversong » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:00 am

Ralph Bellamy @ 18:05: "Clone: According to the dictionary, a clone is an organism derived from a single cell by various types of asexual reproduction."

Commenters posted:
Real cloning wouldn't work that way. The clone would have to be educated. They just don't come out of the tank with a PHD.
-
in theory a replication of the exact original down to the synaptic pathways would recreate memory, but not as you say like this.
-
Silversong: So that would be how all the different "fabs" remembered having been the one to perform at all the different concerts, been in all the interviews, etc. They each had total memory as if they were the only one with it.
Silversong
Banned On The Run
Banned On The Run

Postby Silversong » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:01 am

At 40:55, Gussie says: "Well, cells come in assorted shapes, sizes and functions. Inside it's got a nucleus which contains hereditary information; all the information necessary for the entire organism. There's the mitochondria shaped like jelly beans, which produce chemical energy. There's ribozomes; these are where protein synthesis goes on. Now, all those are called organelles, and sort of float in a water/ enzyme/ vitamin/ molecule liquid called cytoplasm...
because the nucleus containing all the information for the entire end product start out the same, called undifferentiated. Now, what makes them a bone cell or a muscle cell is complicated, and nobody really understands it too well... except him... You're up, doctor!"

Dr. Shane: "Alright - to clone is to take undifferentiated cells and direct them to do the many various jobs cells do. If one succeeds, you have a carbon copy of the original. The first successful cloning was done with carrots, then they cloned a frog. In the case of carrots, they developed a seed which grew normally to a mature carrot. In the case of frogs, they developed tadpoles."

Gussie: "Applied to people, if you could clone people, you could make 50 Robert Redords, all identical in every detail."

Dr. Shane: "That - in essence, Mr. Salt - is cloning".

What was Salt supposed to be doing with his ear in this scene? @ 1:10:08
Silversong
Banned On The Run
Banned On The Run

Postby Silversong » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:02 am

Here's a list of more films about cloning. Although Clone Master isn't on it.

http://www.humancloning.org/movies.htm
=

I remember watching Invasion of the Body Snatchers when it first came out on TV. I didn't understand the story, but I remembered feeling relieved that it wasn't real or true. At least that's what I thought 'then'. ???

That's the only movie I've ever seen on the above list. They provided an email address so anyone can send them another movie title that isn't on their list, so I just sent them the one from this thread.
Silversong
Banned On The Run
Banned On The Run

Return to Actors, Singers, Comedians, Musicians, Poets, Films, Media