The Beatles Never Existed

A Journey of Multiples

The Mob Killed Buddy Holly

Let me introduce to you those who entertain and greatly influence us. Here is where to discuss and share knowledge on these issues.

The Mob Killed Buddy Holly

Postby Silversong » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:32 am

I was just a pre-teen when this happened. I remember his music and really liked it, and him.

Local Man Says Mob Killed Buddy Holly
by the Beach-Comber's investigative reporter,
Phillip Golding

Everyone knows the first great loss in Rock and Roll history was the 1959 death of Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens and "The Big Bopper" when their small airplane crashed in a frozen Iowa cornfield.

But what if it was not an accident?

Frederick (Fred) Newsome is a security consultant, who came to central Florida after retiring as Chief Inspector of the Las Vegas Police organized-crime unit. He has decided to come forward now with a story that seems utterly fantastic; he claims that a bomb was placed on the small plane that carried the legendary rocker, in a Mafia hit that had been ordered by the Hollywood recording industry.

I recently spoke with Mr. Newsome at his home in the quiet suburb of Oldsmar.

He gives the impression of a careful, methodical thinker, and as he talked I was drawn inevitably to the conclusion that the truth about Buddy Holly's death had been concealed from the public, repeatedly and deliberately.

"You wouldn't think so," Mr. Newsome began, "but the type of interrogation cops hate the most is when some perp decides to spill it all.

“He'll start out in the morning connecting a lot of dots in unsolved cases, and by dinner time he's takin' credit for killing Marilyn Monroe and Elvis.

"So back in '78 we had this mob hit-man name of Tony Rizzo, who was getting all giddy after a long day, and he starts trying to tell us he did the hit on Buddy Holly!"

Newsome says the interrogators started laughing and ridiculing the prisoner, who immediately got offended and refused to say another word.

So the officers all called it a night, hoping to get better information in the morning. But when they arrived they were transferred to other cases and told that Tony Rizzo had been handed over to the FBI.

"I wouldn't a thought nothin' of it except for two things: when I pulled into the lot that morning I recognized Sam Caputo leaving the commissioner's office.

"Caputo was a Reprise Records exec that we'd suspected of mob activity but could never pin down. Rumor was the commissioner owed him a lot of favors.

"And second thing, I had a drinking buddy in the FBI mob detail. We always traded favors and tips, but this guy never heard a word'a Rizzo neither. He just plain fell off the map."

In 1989 Fred Newsome left Las Vegas to go into the private sector, and he has quietly used his law enforcement connections to investigate what he concluded was a vast cover-up of the truth about the death of Buddy Holly.

My first question, of course, was WHY? Why would anyone pay for a Mafia contract on this brilliant and talented young man?

According to Newsome, Buddy Holly was hated and feared by the recording industry establishment.

At the height of his popularity, Holly moved to New York and started his own studio. It was only a matter of time before he started producing other young rockers.

"Just think about it," he mused, "the big boys in Hollywood had those rock'n'rollers tied up in one big money making package.

"The whole idea of a musician writing and producing his own music had them shakin' in their boots."

All this made sense, but it sounded like a lot of speculation on some pretty thin evidence. But Fred Newsome is a professional, and evidence is his bread and butter.

When he decided he really had a case was when he located Detective-Lieutenant Carl Long of the Iowa State Patrol.

Officer Long had been assigned to the investigation immediately after that terrible crash in the snowbound Iowa farmland, and one small detail had really bothered him.

"He told me." said Newsome, "that there was confusion about who'd been around before the plane took off."

Apparently, some of the witnesses mentioned a man that'd gotten on, then right back off again. The local people thought he was with the tour and the tour people thought he was local.

Long told Newsome that he reported this to his Captain and the next day he was pulled off the case. They said he was wasting time on a 'wild goose chase.'

For years Officer Long obsessed about this, and looked into the case quietly on his own.

The most confusing fact that he uncovered was a visit to the governor's mansion by some executives from Capitol Records, which is odd because none of the three on that plane had ever worked with that label.

But here's the real clincher -- Fred Newsome told me that when the now-retired Long faxed him the composite police sketch of the missing witness, his heart skipped a beat.

"I'm tellin' ya, by God, it was Tony Rizzo!"
(end of part 1)

Read more:
http://themobkilledbuddyholly.blogspot.com/

I'm just sure I was reading somewhere the other day that Buddy was killed, then Bobby Vinton (a Jew?) started recording all his songs, and was suddenly an 'overnight sensation'.
Make America Moral Again (But first, make it America again.)
Silversong
Banned On The Run
Banned On The Run

Return to Actors, Singers, Comedians, Musicians, Poets, Films, Media