The Beatles Never Existed

A Journey of Multiples

Our so advanced world

This section is for the discussion of topics that don't fit into any other category.

Our so advanced world

Postby Another Girl » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:32 pm

25 - 30 years ago, I was so excited about PC's. I thought, nice, what you can do with it. I could hardly wait to have my own.
10 years ago I switched to Apple. It was a used one, the price was almost as high as a new one. After 2,5 years it was broken. So I bought a new one at January 2010. The computer still works and I want to keep it as long as possible.
BUT no longer updates, the same for safari and firefox. When I go to YouTube with Safari, I get a error message, I should use a newer browser. Some websites are no longer displayed correctly.
The same with my old laptop with Microsoft Vista.
Previously, you had typewriters and you can still write with them today!
Every few years, spend so much money on a new computer! I used to buy a used car with that money.
For me this is the opposite of progress.
Another Girl
BNE Member
BNE Member

Re: Our so advanced world

Postby Silversong » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:44 am

But it is progress for the controllers/ money grubbers, and that's what matters most, right? :?

I held off getting any type of internet connection until late 1996, then I began with WebTV. That got taken over by Microsoft and is a totally different product now. The only reason I finally agreed to get even the WebTV was because I was mostly housebound, and needed some type of social outreach. If it hadn't have been for that, I don't know how long I would have refused to have any of this.

In some ways I wish they had never given us this. I can see all sorts of underhanded things happening because of it, but OTOH, I have learned so much, and gotten such a good education because of being able to surf around the web and read anything I want.
Make America Moral Again (But first, make it America again.)
Silversong
Banned On The Run
Banned On The Run

Return to Miscellaneous Topics