The Beatles Never Existed

A Journey of Multiples

Images and Videos

Ask any questions here, including those for technical help.

Images and Videos

Postby Silversong » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:36 pm

At the original forum, many images linked from free image hosting services -- as well as thumbnail photos uploaded from a person's pc -- began disappearing from threads, and it turns out to be a storage time-limit issue.

I have a plan to hopefully circumvent that problem on this new forum, and I will be uploading every video I post related to my own Beatles research, to my YouTube channel.

Hopefully, this will help things run smoothly, and there will be no disruptions in reading through threads, and looking at picture presentations.
Make America Moral Again (But first, make it America again.)
Silversong
Banned On The Run
Banned On The Run

Re: Images and Videos

Postby Silversong » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:34 am

Here is how to upload an image to this message board. There are two main ways, but please note that photos cannot be copy/pasted from another page the way text can be.

1. Secure a free, online image hosting account such as Image Shack or Photo Bucket, or use the control panel of a website you own. Follow their instructions for embedding a picture, as instructions will differ accordingly.

2. You can upload an attachment photo by looking below the text box on the reply page, and clicking on the Upload Attachment tab.

Another way is to email the photo to me, and tell me which post you would like me to post it into for you, and I'll be happy to do that any time. 8-) :D
Silversong
Banned On The Run
Banned On The Run

Re: Images and Videos

Postby Silversong » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:52 am

Here's how to embed a video.

There are three main video hosting services at present that I am acquainted with:

YouTube, Vimeo and DailyMotion.

In order to embed a YouTube video, look up above the box where you are typing your post, and at the very far right is a "youtube" icon. Click that, and paste the Embed code into it. To find the Embed code, when you are on the video page, click "Share", then click "Embed", then copy that, and paste it between the tags.

For Vimeo and DailyMotion, click the appropriate icon at the top of your text box, and paste in only the ID number.

For example, here is the video for Paperback Writer on DailyMotion:

The entire url is:
dailymotion.com/video/x132si_beatles-paperback-writer_music?start=7

but all you want to type in between these tags is the part that says "x132i", the part I put in bold red text.

The same procedure works for Vimeo as well. You may also always just post the link. :D
Silversong
Banned On The Run
Banned On The Run

Return to Announcements and Questions