The Beatles Never Existed

A Journey of Multiples

Peter Sellers Clue?

Post picture comparisons and discussions here.

Peter Sellers Clue?

Postby Tink » Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:45 am

Peter Sellers has come up in this forum and the FFD forum in regard to his complex interconnectedness with The Beatles and with those connected to them, and to the Disclosure hints that seem to be strewn through his movies and albums. I was perusing the Wikipedia entry on him, and this interesting passage and quote came up. Does it have something to do with his being cloned, replicated, or some other weirdness behind the scenes? In several of his movies he played multiple roles (Let's Go Crazy; Dr. Strangelove; The Mouse That Roared, for instance); in Lolita his character Clare Quilty assumes multiple personas in order to toy with Humpert. The doppelganger, or same person appearing as a succession of "different" people, is a recurring theme in his career. According to all the official biographies, as time wore on his behavior became increasingly erratic and unpredictable, paranoid and destructive. Sound familiar? How many malfunctioning clone "stars" in our day follow this pattern? Or at least the stories we're given about them follow this script? Anyway, here's the section from Wikipedia:

Sellers would claim that he had no personality and was almost unnoticeable, which meant that he "needed a strongly defined character to play". He would make similar references throughout his life: when he appeared on The Muppet Show in 1978... he chose not to appear as himself, instead appearing in a variety of costumes and accents. When Kermit the Frog told Sellers he could relax and be himself, Sellers replied:

But that, you see, my dear Kermit, would be altogether impossible. I could never be myself ... You see, there is no me. I do not exist ... There used to be a me, but I had it surgically removed.

At the time it would have sounded like nothing more than cheeky humor. But knowing what we now know, 36 years later, it sounds more like a Disclosure; it's so uncanny. It's a very weird thing to say.
Tink
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re: Peter Sellers Clue?

Postby Silversong » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:35 am

He's also someone who wore an awful lot of 'disguises', which could be another clue. Mal Evans is another one I could never do comparisons on because of the huge glasses, and all the hair, as if wearing disguises. Maybe the differences were too obvious with these men?
Make America Moral Again (But first, make it America again.)
Silversong
Banned On The Run
Banned On The Run

Postby Tink » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:00 pm

Good point.

Though the name Male Evans is familiar to me, I never did an image search of him before now. Earlier, beardless versions of him are a Peter Sellers lookalike. Close enough to be DNA sharing. But whatever the case, the resemblance is so strong it's weird.

Certain Lennon models and Peter Sellers... Mal Evans and Peter Sellers... What could it all mean?
Tink
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Postby Tink » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:01 am

In Being There, his second to last role, Sellers plays a mentally retarded, clueless man who everyone mistakes for being wise, elegant and connected to power and who is quickly swept up to the highest social and political echelons without his even understanding it. Is this whole premise a veiled simulacra Disclosure? The mindless being made by others into a celebrity and political functionary?

Yes, the movie was based on a novel. But it's now obvious that lots of novels that are soon adapted into blockbuster movies were written by agents specifically for the purpose of becoming movies. Agent Ira Levin's ultimate Predictive Programming Novels -- Rosemary's Baby, The Stepford Wives, The Boys From Brazil, -- are the perfect example of this.

In his final film, The Fiendish Plot of Dr. Fu Manchu, Sellers yet again plays multiple characters, and two out of the three are heavily disguised, as you said. The theme lasted right up to his death (or discontinuation of the brand, however it happened).
Tink
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Return to Celebrity Clones, Multiples, Replacements