The Beatles Never Existed

A Journey of Multiples

Is There A Correct Human Diet?

Discuss Mainstream and Alternative Health Practices, Diet, Exercise, Meditation. Relaxing, Inspiring and Uplifting Music.

Re: Is There A Correct Human Diet?

Postby Silversong » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:07 am

It's just so obvious to me that animals have a will to live, and all the emotions of life. Cows know what's happening to them, too, when they're being taken into the slaughterhouse. What a world we live in where something has to eat something else to survive.

A lot of people believe Genesis says in the beginning both man and animals ate plants and herbs until after the flood.
The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in service to others. Mahatma Gandhi
Silversong
Banned On The Run
Banned On The Run

Postby Silversong » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:15 am

In case there's anyone who doesn't know yet.
The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in service to others. Mahatma Gandhi
Silversong
Banned On The Run
Banned On The Run

Postby Another Girl » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:37 pm

I have tried several things (like paleo diet, vegan and others) and never noticed a difference, except for raw food. After the meal no tiredness, I was full of energy and I lost weight. In winter, I have eaten cooked food again - mostly vegetarian. I was constantly tired and had often headache from the beginning of December and the lost weight came back. Besides, I was again dependent on sugar.
Now I'm juice-fasting until Easter and than I eat raw again. Since 3 days I feel better again. Juice fasting is not that hard. So I think raw food is a correct Human Diet. Probably Human has come to cooked food because of the cold. And because in the winter hardly anything edible grows.
So that the raw food is easier, you can eat once or twice a week something cooked. You can still feel success.
I've been thinking, If it will be cold for me, I'll drink a tea or a soup.

This is my experience and personal opinion.
Another Girl
BNE Member
BNE Member

Postby Silversong » Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:58 am

I'd be really interested to hear more about this. When you say raw food, do you mean just eating fruit, vegetables, nuts and seeds?

One of the talks by a vegan doctor I listened to a while back said if a person doesn't want to lose weight, that wouldn't be the right diet for them, so they would need to add some cooked food. I certainly don't want to lose any weight, but I think a raw diet would be so simple and easy otherwise.
Silversong
Banned On The Run
Banned On The Run

Postby Another Girl » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:09 pm

Silversong wrote:I'd be really interested to hear more about this. When you say raw food, do you mean just eating fruit, vegetables, nuts and seeds?

Yes.

Silversong wrote:One of the talks by a vegan doctor I listened to a while back said if a person doesn't want to lose weight, that wouldn't be the right diet for them, so they would need to add some cooked food. I certainly don't want to lose any weight, but I think a raw diet would be so simple and easy otherwise.

I have way too much weight and I don't know, if a slim person looses much weight. At Youtube are several channels of people, who eat raw and no one is skinny. You can ask one of them, what you can do.
I have a underactive thyroid and the only diet I loose weight is raw diet and I feel much better, full of energy and have a good mood.
And yes raw diet is very simple and easy. You can eat as much as you like. The portions become smaller with time or when it is very warm weather. You can eat every fruit and vegetable as it is without a long preparation time. Or you can create meals. You can eat salads, mixed salads only exchange vinegar with lemon. What I like very much is spaghetti made of zucchini and tomatoes. This spaghetti are made in 5 minutes. At Easter I will make this lime cake without flour and sugar.
image.jpg

A very good book I read last year is Fit for Life from Harvey and Marilyn Diamond.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Another Girl
BNE Member
BNE Member

Postby Silversong » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:54 pm

Last year my doctor tested me for food sensitivities, and there were 2 or 3 dozen things for me. I was supposed to try avoiding them for 3 months. The only things in the fruit and veggie category were grapes, lettuce and celery. I tried to stay away from the foods on the list at least in the worst-reaction categories, and ended up losing 6 pounds that I couldn't really afford, and this was with continuing to eat grains, starches and fish.

You don't have any digestive issues with eating all raw? I guess it's specific to the individual person, but I would have a lot of problems that way. I wish I could do it but I would have to cook a lot of these things. In fact, some of them say to cook even your fruit at first if you have digestive issues.

It's wonderful this worked for you, it might be just the right thing. I wish it could be for me, it would really simplify things.
Silversong
Banned On The Run
Banned On The Run

Postby Another Girl » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:24 pm

No, I don't have any digestive issues with eating all raw. I am so sorry you have such problems. :(
I can eat everything.
Another Girl
BNE Member
BNE Member

Postby Silversong » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:25 pm

Yeah, I also had to stay away from peanut and almond, and whenever I do eat nuts or seeds, they have to be in "butter" form. I wish I could just become a Breatharian and call it a day! :lol:
Silversong
Banned On The Run
Banned On The Run

Previous

Return to Health, Wellness & Beneficial Music